You will study 4 mandatory units:
- Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- The aim of this unit is to explore the structure and function of the skeletal, muscular, cardiovascular and respiratory systems and also to learn the fundamentals of the energy systems.
- The Physiology of Fitness
- This unit provides an opportunity for learners to explore the body’s response to acute exercise and how the body adapts to long-term exercise participation.
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- The health and safety of sports participants is in the spotlight more now than it has ever been. It is more important than ever to make sure all risks are minimalised prior to sports participation. This unit gives learners knowledge and experience that can be used to help promote a culture of health and safety in sport.
- Fitness Training and Programming
- The aim of this unit is for learners to be able to plan fitness training sessions and design fitness training programmes. The first part of the unit involves learners examining different methods of fitness training. The second part of the unit involves learners planning a fitness training programme for a selected individual.
Plus one or the other of the following 2 units:
- Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Principles and Practices in Outdoor Adventure
You will also study 5 of 21 optional units, including:
- Sports Coaching
- Practical Team Sports
- Exercise, Health and Lifestyle
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Work Experience in Sport
- Profiling Sports Performance
A minimum of 5 GCSEs with the following grades: English at grade 4 and maths at grade 3 or above, and 3 other GCSEs grade 4 or above to include PE or a sports background.
Is it right for me placeholder. do not edit or delete.
What are the business benefits placeholder. do not edit or delete.
- Group activities and presentations
- Written assessment
- Practical demonstrations
- Fitness tests
Fees and funding placeholder. do not edit or delete.
how to apply enrol placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Additional Information placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.