You will study 8 mandatory units:
- Managing a client brief (assessed externally)
- You will investigate the process of managing client briefs in the art and design sector, applying creative skills to develop responses
- Developing and realising creative (assessed externally)
- You will have the opportunity to develop and realise your own art and design idea. You will take into consideration all the aspects of art and design you have learned throughout the course and produce an art and design piece that exemplifies your skills and knowledge
- Professional practice in Art and Design
- You will explore professional practice in the art and design sector, developing a piece of art and design work for a particular market
- Photographic materials, techniques and processes
- You will be introduced to a range of photographic materials, techniques and processes. You will explore both their technical characteristics and creative potential, using this experimentation to support your response to a photographic brief
- Studio photography
- You will explore a range of studio equipment and materials, learning the techniques and processes that allow you to operate the equipment safely to produce creative and appropriate photographic images
- Location photography
- Developing the ability to shoot on location allows you to use the whole world as your studio. You will use landscapes, cityscapes and the urban environment as your backdrop, creating amazing photographs by using available ambient light that you could not recreate in the studio environment
- Digital image capture and editing
- You will explore different ways of digitally capturing and editing images. You will identify the resources and software required for managing image capture, and develop skills in image editing and manipulation
- Non-digital photographic techniques
- You will develop skills in non-digital photographic materials, techniques and processes. You will explore and experiment with a range of these, reflecting on how they can be used to produce good quality photographic work. You will then apply these skills to a set brief, reflecting on the development of your skills and reviewing the final photographic work.
You will also study 1 of 6 optional units that include:
- Graphics materials, techniques and processes
- Interactive materials, techniques and processes
- 3D design materials, techniques and processes
A minimum of 5 GCSEs with the following grades:
•English at grade 4 and Maths at grade 3 or above
•3 other GCSEs at 4 or above, ideally including an Art and Design subject
You will need a strong portfolio of art and design work that shows your enthusiasm for the subject.
Is it right for me placeholder. do not edit or delete.
What are the business benefits placeholder. do not edit or delete.
For the externally assessed units you will be assessed as follows:
- performance – you prepare for assessment over an extended window and demonstrate skills that generate some non-written evidence
- set tasks – you take the assessment during a defined window and demonstrate understanding through completion of a vocational task
For the internally assessed units you will be given opportunities to:
- demonstrate practical and technical skills using appropriate materials, techniques and processes
- complete realistic tasks to meet specific briefs or particular purposes
- write up the findings of your own research
- use case studies to explore complex or unfamiliar situations
- carry out projects for which you have choice over the direction and outcomes
Fees and funding placeholder. do not edit or delete.
how to apply enrol placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Additional Information placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.