You will learn a wide variety of gents cuts and also shaving. The course is available both as an academic year-long one (34 weeks) and also as a 17-week one. Please note that for the 17-week course you must already have achieved an NVQ level 2 Hairdressing qualification to be eligible.
You will study and be assessed on eight units:
- health and safety,
- advise and consult,
- cutting hair into basic shape,
- cutting facial hair into shape,
- dry and finish men's hair,
- shampoo, condition and treat hair,
- create basic patterns,
- promote additional services.
The course will next start in September 2019. To be eligible for the course you will need to have a level 2 Barbering qualification or significant work experience.
To join: You will need to attend a part-time enrolment session at the site you wish to study at. Dates and times are as follows:
- Wednesday 28th August (any time from 12:00-19:00)
- Thursday 29th August (any time from 17:00-19:00)
- Friday 30th August (any time from 10:00-13:00)
Please make sure to bring with you some photo ID, proof of address and, depending on your circumstances, either proof of benefits (something dated within the last three months) and/or a method of payment. You are not expected to pay for the course in full upon enrolling – you can arrange to pay in monthly instalments to be completed by the end of the course in June.
Assessment methods placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Fees & Funding
These costs should be used as a guide only and are subject to change.
- Course fees £1,052,
- Exam fee £100,
- Resource fee £30.
- Total: £1,182
- Kit and uniform also required.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.