This qualification prepares you to work with children from birth and five years, and includes knowledge of working with children up to seven years.
The following are mandatory units:
• Support physical care routines for children
• An introduction to the role of the early years practitioner
• Understand how to work in partnership
• Understand legislation relating to the safeguarding, protection and welfare of children
• Use legislation relating to the health and safety of children
• Use legislation relating to equality, diversity and inclusive practice
• Understand how to plan to meet the needs of the developing child
• Supporting children’s play
• Support children's play in early years
• Support the needs of the child in preparing for school
• Supporting children's development
• Use observation, assessment and planning
• Support children’s positive behaviour
• Engage in professional development
The qualification also includes four optional units, which can include:
• Healthy lifestyles for children through the provision of food and nutrition
• Healthy lifestyles for children through exercise
• Supporting children with additional needs
You will study in college for three hours per week and must be working/volunteering in an appropriate role for a minimum of six hours per week.
Level 1 Literacy qualification (e.g. GCSE grade D or Level 1 Functional Skills). You must secure a work experience placement or be in paid employment for a minimum of 6 hours per week.
Is it right for me placeholder. do not edit or delete.
What are the business benefits placeholder. do not edit or delete.
- Workplace observation
This qualification allows progression on to the Level 3 Early Years Educator qualifications and other Level 3 qualifications relating to childcare.
Upon achievement of this qualification, learners can progress into various job roles in the statutory, voluntary or private sectors, such as:
• Nursery assistant
• Classroom assistant
• Pre-school assistant
Fees & Funding
£1,245 – tuition
£35.00 – e-portfolio
£130.00 – registration
Total – £1,410
how to apply enrol placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Additional Information placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.