You will study 4 mandatory units:
- Being organised
- From creating to-do lists and filing systems to setting up your phone for alerts and alarms, this unit will introduce you to ways that will help you to plan and use your time effectively, as well as organising yourself and your work. After learning and practising these techniques, you will have the opportunity to put them into practice over a period of time, reviewing how successful they were and whether they improved your organisational skills.
- Developing a personal progression plan
- This unit will help you find out what opportunities are available to you and how to get to the next stage. You will carry out a self-audit, identifying what your strengths are and what you need to develop to be able to meet your progression goals. You will learn how to set goals and plan ways to achieve them. You will then produce a personal progression plan to help you reach the next step in your life.
- Working with others
- You will develop your communication, working together to solve problems and working in teams to achieve common goals skills and demonstrate how you use them. You will work with others to complete a given activity, agree roles and responsibilities, share ideas and support each other. Problems may come up as you work on the activity and you will need to find solutions to them. It can be difficult working with others and this unit gives you the opportunity to develop the skills and behaviours you need to be successful.
- Researching a topic
- Before starting on your research you will need to decide on the focus for your topic. You will set up a research log to record the research tasks you carry out and the sources that you use. When you have completed your research, you will summarise and present your findings.
You will also study 6 of 8 optional units:
- Developing digital information using IT
- Using digital communication techniques
- Solving technical IT problems
- Creating a spreadsheet to solve problems
- Creating a website
- Creating a computer program
- Developing a digital product
- Creating a digital animated graphic
A minimum of 4 GCSE’s with the following grades:
- English at 2 or above and maths at 1 or above, and
- two other GCSEs at 2 or above
Internally set assignments.
Fees and funding placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.