You will learn and understand how to carry out basic functions in every section of the kitchen including:
- Preparing, cooking and finishing basic dishes including fish and shellfish, poultry, meat, game, stocks and sauces, bread and dough, rice and pasta, soups, vegetables and pulses, egg dishes, hot and cold desserts, cakes and biscuits
- Health, safety and security
- Food waste management
- Professional behaviours
- Working within budgets
- Supply chain
- Risk management
- Taste – seasoning, herbs and spices
- Correct techniques with knives, tools and equipment
- Meeting targets
Uniform and equipment will be discussed at interview.
- You must have an employer to support you through your Apprenticeship and give you time off work to attend college. Many people find their own job or are already employed but if not, college staff can attempt to help you find employment.
- A level 2 qualification and ideally English and maths grade 4/C or above. In exceptional circumstances, acceptance may be based on industry acquired skills and experience backed by references and skills testing.
Is it right for me placeholder. do not edit or delete.
What are the business benefits placeholder. do not edit or delete.
- On-demand test
- Practical observation
- Culinary challenge
- Professional discussion
Fees & Funding
As an apprentice it will not cost you anything to do the course. If you are aged 19 or over your employer may have to make a contribution towards your tuition fees.
Additional Information placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.