You will learn:
- Industry and food trends, customer preferences, seasonality, provenance and global environmental factors influencing the development of dishes and menus
- Use of technology to support the development and production of dishes
- Principles of food preparation and cooking including traditional and modern cuisine; taste; allergens; diet and nutrition
- Preparation, cooking and finishing methods for various foods
- Maximising yield and quality and minimising wastage
- Producing quality food whilst working under pressure
- Food safety practices and procedures and risk assessments
- Handling and storage of ingredients
- Team leading and communication
- Business strategy, customer profile, culture and constraints
Uniform and equipment will be discussed at interview.
- You must have an employer to support you through your Apprenticeship and give you time off work to attend college. Many people find their own job or are already employed but if not, college staff can attempt to help you find employment.
- A level 2 qualification and ideally English and maths grade 4/C or above.
Is it right for me placeholder. do not edit or delete.
What are the business benefits placeholder. do not edit or delete.
- On-demand test
- Practical observation
- Culinary challenge
- Professional discussion
Fees & Funding
As an apprentice it will not cost you anything to do the course. If you are aged 19 or over your employer may have to make a contribution towards your tuition fees.
Additional Information placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.