You will study 9 mandatory units:
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Promote person-centred approaches in health and social care
- Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care
- Promote good practice in handling information in health and social care settings
- Promote communication in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
The optional units you study will be determined by the social care environment you are working or volunteering in; this includes generic, dementia or learning disability pathways.
There are no formal entry requirements but you will need to complete a part time application form. You need a good level of written English as the course is partly assessed using a portfolio of written work.
You will compile a portfolio of evidence to show you have achieved of all the learning outcomes and assessment criteria. You will also be assessed in your work/volunteering role at your place of work.
Fees & Funding
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.