You will study 8 mandatory units:
- Managing a client brief (assessed externally)
- You will investigate the process of managing client briefs in the art and design sector, applying creative skills to develop responses
- Developing and realising creative (assessed externally)
- You will have the opportunity to develop and realise your own art and design idea. You will take into consideration all the aspects of art and design you have learned throughout the course and produce an art and design piece that exemplifies your skills and knowledge
- Professional practice in Art and Design
- You will explore professional practice in the art and design sector, developing a piece of art and design work for a particular market
- Fashion materials, techniques and processes
- You will be introduced to the key techniques and processes in fashion. You will develop your own designs and will be introduced to the practice of translating your designs into garments through basic pattern-cutting and manufacturing techniques. You will also look at methods used to create markets and promote fashion
- Fashion design
- You will develop ideas for fashion design briefs through exploring contemporary design trends and contextual influences used in design development in the fashion industry
- Pattern development methods and techniques
- You will explore the methods and techniques used to develop standard pattern blocks into a finished sample pattern.
- Fashion promotion
- You will explore the development of a promotional campaign, considering the contexts of different promotional activities and how to communicate intentions visually and in writing, using a range of media and techniques.
- Manufacturing methods for fashion
- You will explore the production methods used for a variety of fashion garments and develop skills in manufacturing techniques to produce a finished sample fashion garment
You will also study 1 of 6 optional units that include:
- Graphics materials, techniques and processes
- Fine Art materials, techniques and processes
- Textiles materials, techniques and processes
A minimum of 5 GCSEs with the following grades:
- English at grade 4 and Maths at grade 3 or above
- 3 other GCSEs at 4 or above, ideally including an Art and Design subject
Is it right for me placeholder. do not edit or delete.
What are the business benefits placeholder. do not edit or delete.
For the externally assessed units you will be assessed as follows:
• performance – you prepare for assessment over an extended window and
demonstrate skills that generate some non-written evidence
• set tasks – you take the assessment during a defined window and demonstrate
understanding through completion of a vocational task
For the internally assessed units you will be given opportunities to:
• demonstrate practical and technical skills using appropriate materials, techniques and processes
• complete realistic tasks to meet specific briefs or particular purposes
• write up the findings of your own research
• use case studies to explore complex or unfamiliar situations
• carry out projects for which you have choice over the direction and outcomes
Fees and funding placeholder. do not edit or delete.
how to apply enrol placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Additional Information placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.