On the course, you will:
- improve your English, maths and ICT skills,
- work towards personal social development,
- receive course, pastoral and careers guidance,
- access vocational taster courses where possible.
You will learn through:
- individual and group tutorials,
- whole class, small group and individual activities in lessons,
- vocational taster courses,
- visits, visiting speakers and other work-related activities.
You will study:
- personal social development,
- enrichment activities such as visits to York, Manchester the National Media Museum and the Royal Armouries.
- For people with English as a second language.
- 16-18 years old with a positive commitment to learning.
You will have an initial assessment to make sure this is the right level and type of course for you.
You will have an initial assessment for English and maths and ICT and complete nationally recognised qualifications, assessed through exam and coursework.
Fees & Funding
As a full time student aged 16-18 you will not usually need to pay any course or examination fees. All full time students under 19 are eligible for a half fare bus pass.
You will need to provide your own stationery, writing equipment and calculator.
Help may be available for learners in financial difficulties. For more information, contact student financial support, tel: 0500 162100.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.