This level 1 course offers a vocational route into the exciting world of engineering technology.
You will cover a range of engineering topics from electronics to modern machining technology.
You will study 1 mandatory unit:
- Working safely in engineering
- This unit is designed to introduce you to health and safety issues in engineering. It will help you to be aware of the potential hazards you may be exposed to in engineering environments and cope with and reduce risks.
You will also study 7-15 of 20 optional units, including:
- Developing Skills in Using a Bench/Pedestal Drilling Machine
- Developing Skills in Planning and Making a Machined Product
- Developing Skills in Joining Materials Using Welding
- Developing Skills in Wiring Electrical Circuits and Components
A minimum of 4 GCSE’s with the following grades:
- English and maths at 2 or above, and
- two other GCSEs at 2 or above including Science or a technology
You will be assessed using a portfolio of evidence collected throughout the course.
Fees & Funding
If you are aged between 16 and 18 your fees will be paid for you. You may need to pay some costs for the course. Help may be available for students in financial difficulties.
For more information, contact student support services, tel: 0500 162100.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.