This programme is for trainee engineers and technicians and combines technical knowledge with modern engineering practices. You will receive a broad technical education that complements your industrial experiences.
You will follow a range of practical and theory units, including:
- Health and safety,
- Mathematics for technicians,
- Electrical and electronic principles,
- Electrical installation,
- Electronic measurement and testing,
- Electronic devices and circuits.
- Communication for technicians,
- Further Mathematics for technicians,
- Programmable logic controllers,
- Business operations in Engineering.
Practical experience is thoroughly backed up with the appropriate underpinning knowledge.
- A minimum of five GCSEs: mathematics at grade B or above; English Language, science plus two others at grade A*-C, or
- A level 2 qualification at overall Merit grade, including Functional Skills maths and English at level 2.
To join: You will need to attend a part-time enrolment session at the main Huddersfield Waterfront Quarter site.
You will complete assignment work and produce a portfolio of evidence.
You can progress on to a HNC level 4 in electrical and electronical engineering
The course offers a pathway in electrical and electronic engineering. It is possible to progress directly on to a full time BEng degree.
Fees & Funding
As a part time student you or your company will have to pay the course fees.
£2,700 per year.
Costs may be subject to change.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.