The course is accredited by the awarding body ABC and will give you an opportunity to try out a number of basic counselling skills. You will develop an understanding ethical practice, boundaries issues and learn some counselling theory.
The course will involve role playing, group exercises and group discussions.
You will study three units:
- The professional context of counselling
- You will develop an understanding of what counselling is and an appreciation that qualified counsellors and those who use counselling skills abide by an ethical framework. You will learn about the importance of creating the correct environment and the right ethos for the helping relationship to be successful.
- Communication skills in helping relationships
- You will explore effective communication skills used in helping relationships. You will demonstrate a range of listening and responding skills to establish, develop and close interactions.
- An introduction to personal development
- You will have the opportunity to reflect on your personal development and identify areas for development in the future.
There are no formal entry requirements but a good level of written English is required as the course is assessed partly on your written work. You will also need to produce a character reference.
You will need to complete an application form. You can access one to print here.
To guarantee an interview you must submit a suitable application by Friday 13th March 2020. After this date please still submit applications as we may still process your application if places become available or your application will be rolled over onto the next available start date. Places can be limited so the sooner you apply the better chance you will have of gaining a place.
You will compile a portfolio of evidence that shows achievement of all the learning outcomes and assessment criteria.
You may progress on to the Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 3 course based on meeting the following requirements which will be assessed as part of the interview/selection process: completion of the level 2 qualification including meeting the academic requirements, attendance, deadlines, commitment, self-development and having a level 2 English qualification.
Certificate in Counselling Skills level 3.
Fees & Funding
Tuition fee: £240
Exam/registration fee: £41
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.