This will interest you if you are planning to work in the field of Childcare.
You will study the following 4 mandatory units:
- Healthy living
- To introduce you to ways in which they can contribute to a healthy lifestyle and to encourage them to demonstrate activities which will improve their own lifestyle.
- Healthy eating for families
- The aim of this unit is to introduce you to the principles of a healthy diet for families and children, including groups who may have particular food restrictions
- Confidence building for the young child through play
- The aim of this unit is to enable you to understand how play can build a child’s confidence, self-esteem and communication skills.
- Listening to and talking with a young child
- The aim of this unit is to help you understand the importance of listening to and talking with a young child. It will also explore activities that will help develop a child’s communication skills.
You will 8-10 optional units including:
- Sharing learning experiences with children
- Human growth and development
- Supporting babies to play
- Preparing for your next steps
- Musical activities for young children
- Practical health and safety with young children
- Craft activities for young children
- Understanding learning and development through play
- Investigating a vocational area
All achieved through tasks, practical activities and group work.
Teaching will include lectures, practical experience, outside speakers and the possibility to attend work placement.
- All students must have a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.
- Entry level 3 English.
- An interview with a specialist tutor will also be required.
To join: You will need to complete and submit a part-time application form.
This programme is unit based. Students will produce a portfolio containing written tasks, tutor reports and action plans.
Fees & Funding
Total fee: £1,108
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.