You will carry out theory and practical work.
You will study one compulsory unit:
- Introduction to art and design for florists
- You will identify elements and principles of design, identify colour relationships and produce working drawings.
You will also study 2-4 additional units from the following:
- Identify, check and monitor the quality of incoming cut materials
- Identify and maintain the condition of plants and planted designs
- Plan, prepare and construct tied floristry designs
- Plan, prepare and construct funeral designs
- Plan, prepare and construct floral arrangements
- Plan, prepare and construct wedding designs with floral materials
- Display of floristry goods
- Introduction to working in the floristry industry
The course is taught by practical demonstrations, tasks and assignments. You will learn how to produce designs and gain an understanding of floristry techniques and terminology as well as learning names of flowers and plants.
For further details please contact the course tutor Kath Pashley tel: 01484 310214
You will need:
- a keen interest in floristry,
- a passion for flowers, and
- to be prepared to commit to 100 per cent attendance.
Good basic numeracy and literacy would be an advantage.
Assessments will be performed in class throughout the year and will lead to unit grades. You will take an online theory test, consisting of 15 questions on art and design for florists.
Fees & Funding
£723 tuition and £127 exam fees.
You will be also expected to provide your own flowers each week.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.