This competence-based course provides a nationally recognised qualification covering the theoretical and practical aspects of 2D Computer Aided Manufacture applied to a range of applications.
This course has been specifically designed for those currently wishing to work, or working in the CNC environment.
This course covers four main outcomes:
- Manual part programming,
- Computer numerical control,
- Computer aided part programming(CAPP),
- Reinstate the work.
On completion you will:
- Understand procedures for setting a CNC machine.
- Produce CNC programmes for both turn and mill components.
- Load, prove and produce components on CNC machines.
- Use a CAPP system to produce an NC file from imported CAD data for milling and turning components.
- Re-instate work area under health and safety requirements.
Aimed at those with a technical knowledge of computers or from a technical background wishing to develop skills. An engineering background is a bonus but not necessary.
To join: You will need to attend a part-time enrolment session.
We now have the official dates for enrolment now and although you will be studying at the Engineering Centre you need to attend the Huddersfield Centre, Manchester Road, HD1 3LD to enrol on this course.
Dates and times are as follows:
- Wednesday 28th August (any time from 12:00-19:00)
- Thursday 29th August (any time from 17:00-19:00)
- Friday 30th August (any time from 10:00-13:00)
Please make sure to bring with you some photo ID, proof of address and, depending on your circumstances, either proof of benefits (something dated within the last three months) and/or a method of payment. You are not expected to pay for the course in full upon enrolling – you can arrange to pay in monthly instalments to be completed by the end of the course in June.
3 practical assessments:
- CNC milling manual programming,
- CNC turning manual programming,
- CAM turning and milling
Fees & Funding
Tuition Fees: £720
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.