This competence-based course provides a nationally recognised qualification covering the theoretical and practical aspects of 2D Computer Aided Manufacture applied to a range of applications.
This course has been specifically designed for those currently wishing to work, or working in the CNC environment.
This course covers four main outcomes:
- Manual part programming,
- Computer numerical control,
- Computer aided part programming(CAPP),
- Reinstate the work.
On completion you will:
- Understand procedures for setting a CNC machine.
- Produce CNC programmes for both turn and mill components.
- Load, prove and produce components on CNC machines.
- Use a CAPP system to produce an NC file from imported CAD data for milling and turning components.
- Re-instate work area under health and safety requirements.
Aimed at those with a technical knowledge of computers or from a technical background wishing to develop skills. An engineering background is a bonus but not necessary.
3 practical assessments:
- CNC milling manual programming,
- CNC turning manual programming,
- CAM turning and milling
Fees & Funding
Tuition Fees: £720
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.