This qualification consists of a combination of units from Health and Safety practices, Foundation Skills, Personal Social Development (PSD), MET (Mechanical Electrical Trim), Body, Refinishing and Valeting.
The Refinishing route for Vehicle Accident Repair allows you to have the flexibility to develop your knowledge and skills across a variety of specialist areas, i.e. Refinishing/Paint repair, to prepare you for further studies and potentially enter into a job role you desire in the future.
You will develop your knowledge and skills in:
- health and safety practices in vehicle maintenance and good housekeeping in the automotive environment
- vehicle refinishing tools and equipment
Examples of some of the unit options available follow:
- introduction to the retail automotive maintenance and repair industry
- basic vehicle preparation
- vehicle refinishing materials
- vehicle paint application and minor defect rectification
- vehicle body repair practices and procedures
- vehicle body repair materials
- removing and fitting non-permanently fixed motor vehicle body panels
- removing and fitting trim components
- vehicle electrical foundation skills
- introduction to low carbon technologies in the automotive industry
GCSE grade 1 or 2 in English and Maths, Willingness to Commit to Study Programme.
Is it right for me placeholder. do not edit or delete.
What are the business benefits placeholder. do not edit or delete.
• Online assessment
• Practical assessment
Fees and funding placeholder. do not edit or delete.
how to apply enrol placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Additional Information placeholder. do not edit or delete.