On the course you will:
- create a portfolio of practical work,
- visit galleries, museums and places of interest,
- exhibit work in public exhibitions,
- be involved in competitions and live projects,
- be involved in enterprise activities.
The course covers:
- graphics design,
- mixed media,
You will study 1 mandatory unit:
- Exploring the work of artists and designers
- You will learn about the key trends and movements in art and design, and how these have affected the development of artists and designers. You will investigate to identify artists or designers of particular interest who you will study and use to generate new work of your own.
You will also study 5-6 of 12 optional units, including:
- Exploring photography
- Exploring graphic design and illustration
- Exploring fashion and textiles
- Exploring fine art
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades:
- English at grade 3 or above and Maths at grade 2 or above, and
- two other GCSEs at grade 3 or above, ideally to include Art and Design
And a portfolio of work that shows your enthusiasm for the subject.
You will be continually assessed on your coursework, the standard of your written work, i.e. English skills and where appropriate numeracy and also a final major project.
Fees & Funding
As a full time student, under the age of 19, you will not usually need to pay any course or examination fees.
You will need to pay for some essential costs. Help may be available for students in financial difficulties. For more information, contact student support services, tel: 0500 162100.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.