As a plasterer you will be performing different plastering techniques on site such as dry lining, skimming and external rendering, working in a construction environment.
The Apprenticeship covers:
- Safe working practices
- Information, quantities and communicating
- Building methods and construction technology
- Preparing background surfaces and plaster materials
- Rendering external surfaces
- Fixing dry-lining and plasterboard produces to internal surfaces
- Producing and positioning/securing fibrous plaster components
- Applying plaster to internal surfaces
- Conforming to health, safety and welfare
- Conforming to productive work practices
- Moving, handling and storing resources
- Producing internal solid plastering finishes
- Producing external render finishes
- Applying plaster finishes to background surfaces
- Installing mechanically fixed plasterboards
- Maths and English at level 1 unless previously achieved.
You must have an employer to support you through your Apprenticeship and give you time off to attend college. Many people find their own job or are already employed.
- A minimum of GCSE English and Maths (one at grade 2 or above, one at grade 1 or above) or equivalent or a level 1 Plastering qualification,
- You need to be happy working outdoors, carrying out manual work.
- You should demonstrate an interest or knowledge of working in the vocational area and wish to take up a career in a relevant industry.
Assessment will include evidence of the activities you have undertaken in the workplace and a practical synopsis assessment and a global online assessment (GOLA) test at the end of each unit at college.
Fees and funding placeholder. do not edit or delete.
Tags placeholder. do not edit or delete.