What is the Students' Union?
The Students' Union (or SU) is here for you! It is your voice on issues that matter to you. From the cost of travel, to improving your course, from your welfare to your studying – anything relating to your student life. It is our priority ensuring you have the best experience whilst at Kirklees College. The Union is student led, for the students by the students, and 21 students are elected every year to represent your voice.
We provide a safe space where you can come and ask any questions or voice your opinions.
How do I become part of the Students' Union?
Once you enrol on your course you automatically become a member of the Students' Union. It's free. If you don't wish to be a member please let us know.
What can I get from the Students' Union?
So many great things including:
- The NUS Extra card giving you discounts in shops and online; including Amazon, McDonalds and Odeon, as well as 50% off a Spotify Premium account and many more discounts nationwide. You can buy your NUS Extra card online for only £12 from cards.nusextra.co.uk
- Organised trips and events
- Other services such as advice and guidance on issues in College and other matters like sexual health and well-being.
How can I get involved in the Students' Union?
Here it's true, the more you put in the more you get out. There are loads of things to do for fun and to help with life after College.
- Join clubs and societies
- Become a Class Rep, receive training and represent your course
- Run in elections to be an Officer within the Students' Union executive
- Vote for the Officers you want to represent you
- Help raise money for charity
- Attend events and trips the Students' Union run
- Give your views and opinions on the things that affect you
How can I contact the Students' Union?
There are loads of ways you can contact us and we will respond as soon as possible.