How to Apply
Further Education Courses
Full time courses for September 2015 - If you have not already applied for a full time course at Kirklees College to start in September 2015, please attend one of our full time course enrolment events this August where we can advise and enrol you onto the course of your choice, if you meet the entry criteria.
- Adult Education enrolment form 2015-16
- Part time application forms 2015-16 are no longer being accepted – please attend part time course enrolment
- Full time application forms 2015-16 are no longer being accepted – please attend full time course enrolment
Note: It is important you should check the individual entry criteria for each course before applying to check if you meet the requirements, or if you are at school and don't yet know your results have an understanding of what you are likely to achieve.
Completing the Application Form
Applications will be processed based on the centre you have applied for. You need to tell us on the application form the centre that you are applying for.
Tick Dewsbury if you are applying for a course at any of these centres:
Dewsbury Main Centre, Construction Academy and Wheelwright Centre (Batley School of Art).
Tick Huddersfield if you are applying for a course at any of the following centres:
Huddersfield Main Centre, Brunel House Centre, Highfields Centre, Engineering Centre, Hargate Hill and Taylor Hill Centre.
To help us process your application please make sure that you complete all sections of the application form clearly in blue or black ink.
It is really important that we can clearly see:
- The centre you are applying to
- Your personal contact details
- Your current school/college/training provider
- The course you are applying for
- The level of the course you are applying for
- Any support needs you may have
If you are still in education then you need to hand the form back to school for them to complete their section. They will then send this to us.
What Happens Then?
Once we have your application we will send you a postcard confirming we have received it. We don't usually start interviewing until January, although popular courses may begin interviewing before then.
All applicants are invited in to attend an interview, which will include completing a short written piece of work. For some courses you may be asked to complete some tasks for example online testing, an audition or spend the day with them. This will all be explained in your letter.
Remember to bring to your interview your progress file / record of achievement, and anything else listed in your interview letter (e.g. art portfolio, reference from child care work experience, etc). At the end of your interview the tutor will tell you the outcome of your interview. If you are unable to attend your interview it is important that you contact us so that we can arrange an alternative appointment.
Enrolment takes place after GCSE exams results, but we will be keeping in touch with you and send out the information closer to the date.
Admissions Contact Details
Dewsbury: 01924 436229
Huddersfield: 01484 437033
Higher Education Courses at Kirklees College
How to Apply
Here is our guide to the application process:
All applications for HNDs and HNCs, Foundation Degrees, Top-Up Degrees and Honours Degrees must come through the UCAS system.
Applying through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service)
Applications for full time undergraduate study are made through UCAS. Full details of the online application process are available from UCAS.
The UCAS application deadline for the college is Monday 23 March 2015.
If you wish to apply after this date please contact the higher education (HE) admissions team.
Apply through UCAS to Kirklees College (K90) for:
- Higher National Diplomas,
- Foundation degrees (except Foundation Degree Childhood Studies (part time) and Foundation Degree Teaching Assistant),
- BA (honours) degrees.
Apply direct to Kirklees College for:
- Access to Higher Education,
- Certificate in Education and Training,
- Award in Internal Quality Assurance,
- Certificate in Technology in Learning Delivery,
- Diploma in Literacy, ESOL and Numeracy,
- Certificate/Professional Graduate Certificate in Teaching (lifelong learning),
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling,
- Foundation Diploma in Art and Design,
- Foundation Degree Teaching Assistants,
- Foundation Degree Childhood Studies (part time),
- Higher National Certificate.
For an application form or support, contact our HE Admissions Team on:
- Tel: 01484 437033
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews are a key aspect of our selection procedure and should confirm not only our choice of suitable students, but also your choice of course. We believe that your interview should be a positive experience and whilst we are thorough, our primary aim is to make you feel at ease and encourage you to tell us about yourself and your experiences.
If you are an Art and Design candidate, you should bring a portfolio of work with you. Your interview letter will tell you everything that you need to bring with you, however if you are unsure then you can contact us for further advice.
Enquiries about applying (Kirklees College HE Admissions Team):
- 01484 437033