How to Apply
Further Education Courses
- For courses beginning during 2015-16 academic year download part time application form 2015-16
- For courses beginning from September 2016 application form available here shortly
- For courses beginning from September 2016, please download and complete the full-time / apprenticeship application form.
Please return to Applications Team, Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre, Waterfront Quarter, Manchester Road, Huddersfield HD1 3LD.
Note: It is important you should check the individual entry criteria for each course before applying to check if you meet the requirements, or if you are at school and don't yet know your results have an understanding of what you are likely to achieve.
Completing the Application Form
Applications will be processed based on the centre you have applied for. You need to tell us on the application form the centre that you are applying for.
Tick Dewsbury if you are applying for a course at any of these centres:
Dewsbury Main Centre, Construction Academy and Wheelwright Centre (Batley School of Art).
Tick Huddersfield if you are applying for a course at any of the following centres:
Huddersfield Main Centre, Brunel House Centre, Highfields Centre, Engineering Centre, Hargate Hill and Taylor Hill Centre.
To help us process your application please make sure that you complete all sections of the application form clearly in blue or black ink.
It is really important that we can clearly see:
- The centre you are applying to
- Your personal contact details
- Your current school/college/training provider
- The course you are applying for
- The level of the course you are applying for
- Any support needs you may have
If you are still in education then you need to hand the form back to school for them to complete their section. They will then send this to us.
What Happens Then?
Once we have your application we will send you a postcard confirming we have received it. We don't usually start interviewing until January, although popular courses may begin interviewing before then.
All applicants are invited in to attend an interview, which will include completing a short written piece of work. For some courses you may be asked to complete some tasks for example online testing, an audition or spend the day with them. This will all be explained in your letter.
Remember to bring to your interview your progress file / record of achievement, and anything else listed in your interview letter (e.g. art portfolio, reference from child care work experience, etc). At the end of your interview the tutor will tell you the outcome of your interview. If you are unable to attend your interview it is important that you contact us so that we can arrange an alternative appointment.
Enrolment takes place after GCSE exams results, but we will be keeping in touch with you and send out the information closer to the date.
Huddersfield: 01484 437033
Higher Education Courses
How to Apply (HE Students)
All applications for full time higher education courses, Higher National Diplomas, honours degrees and foundation degrees (except Foundation Degree Teaching Assistants) and engineering or construction top-up must come through the UCAS system.
Applying through UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service)
Applications for full time undergraduate study are made through UCAS. Full details of the online application process are available from UCAS.
The UCAS application deadline for the college is 6pm on Thursday 24 March, 2016.
If you wish to apply after this date please contact the higher education (HE) admissions team.
Apply through UCAS to Kirklees College (K90) for:
- Higher National Diplomas (HNDs)
- Foundation degrees (except Foundation Degree Teaching Assistant)
- BA (Hons) degrees
Apply direct to Kirklees College for:
- Access to Higher Education
- Foundation Diploma in Art and Design
- Foundation Degree Teaching Assistants
- Higher National Certificates (HNCs)
- BA (Hons) Childhood Studies (0-8 years)
Already a Kirklees College student?
If you are a current Kirklees College student and would like to progress on to one of our higher education courses in this prospectus and would like some advice, you can:
- Enquire with your progress coach or tutor
- Attend a HE information event at one of our college centres (look out for adverts throughout the year)
- Contact the college’s dedicated careers team.
- Tel: 01484 437033
- Tel: 0870 1122211